Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What Is It About Ukeleles?


I just adore this song, there's something about it that is so
hauntingly beautiful. I don't even know where I hear it for the first
time, but I absolutely fell in love with it last year.

Those of us that are my age only have reminders of their grade school
years in the way of class photos that consist of the entire class
sitting on risers, except for the shorter people in front that are in
chairs, or each person's school photo arranged checkerboard style to
show the class, including the teacher and principal. But technology
gives kids these days so much more.

On the last day of 5th grade my daughter came home with a DVD that
was a variety of pictures taken of them throughout the year in class,
working at their desks, giving reports, etc. There's the day they all
showed their "Me Bags," paper lunch bags filled with three things
that identified them, and their White House Tea. The 5th grade always
does a Tea where they each pick out a person in history to research
and write a report on. Then they have a tea and invite the parents,
and each student dresses like the person in history they chose. My
daughter was Annie Oakley. They also went to Springfield for a field
trip.

So this DVD consists of pictures of all those important days, along
with the not-so-important days that you still want to remember.
Playing in the background is this song, and when it finishes the
theme of Jungle Book is playing. It's so hauntingly beautiful.
Anyway, but now it always makes me think of the DVD that she has of
5th grade and how little those kids look then compared to how big
they look now one year later.

I heard the song when I was watching Fred Claus, and was so excited
to hear it again and knew I had to download it. Once I looked up the
soundtrack, it was filled with great Christmas music ... and this. I
bought the soundtrack, then decided this morning to make a ringtone
of it. The part of it I chose is "Someday I wish upon a star, and
wake up with my troubles far behind me. Where trouble melts like
lemon drops high about the chimney tops, that's where you'll find
me." I just can't listen to it without swaying and grooving in my seat.

Mobile post sent by LauraBelle using Utterz Replies.  mp3

No comments: