Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Stay at home moms

I was going to put this as a response to exzotic's post, but thought
maybe I'd make it a stand-alone thing instead.

Thanks for posting that, ugot, about the values of a mom. What I find
interesting is that both sides of the working mom vs. stay-at-home
mom issue feel under-valued. I quit working full time outside the
home a few weeks before my first child. For a long time I felt guilty
not doing more for my family financially. And it was a struggle to go
from knowing who I was before kids and working full time to wondering
who I was without a job. I can remember being in a room with all
working people, and them asking me what I do, and saying, "I'm just a
stay at home mom." Now I see that as horrible that I ever felt that
way. Yet, I know working moms that feel guilty not spending more time
with their kids.

I think there's just no easy answer and we just have to make the
choice that makes us feel the best about ourselves. I know some
working moms that have said they wouldn't be able to be a stay at
home mom, as it would drive them crazy. And I know I wouldn't be able
to be a working mom, as it would drive me crazy and make me too
stressed. I worked in an industry that was so stressful and without
much help for so long, and I kind of feel I've done my time. That
might sound bad, I just couldn't go back to working and being
stressed, and then coming home to a home and kids to take care of.
I'd go crazy. I finally found myself a niche of my own as a stay-at-
home mom and writer, and while I don't make enough money to make many
contributions financially, I feel better that I'm at least doing
something.

LauraBelle
Writer, http://www.realityshack.com
Currently recapping The Biggest Loser
Amazing Race, Next Great American Band
Publisher's Circle, http://www.viewpoints.com/aboutme/LauraBelle
Writing Helpful Product and Services Reviews
Blogger, http://www.sofachip.com
Not Just for Couch Potatoes

Mobile post sent by LauraBelle using Utterz Replies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, after visiting your web-site there is something that I wanted to share with you and potentially your viewers as well. It is a reality that more and more people are trying to find ways to save money and I have an idea for you. What if you were able to shop online for your everyday items and receive rebates from the store and if you so desire even make money at it? What this opportunity is is a chance to own your own shopping mall for FREE, it can be for business or for personal use, that part is up to you. I encourage you to take a look and see how you can start saving money today. After you have taken a look share it with those who are visiting your site and give them the power as well. If we all work together we can all save money and we know how that can make mom’s happy and make life a little bit easier.

I am not a sales rep for a big company and I am not trying to see you anything this is really FREE, there are no hidden costs. I am a mother of two children that was looking for a way to make my life a little easier and I found one and now I am trying to share what I have learned with others. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. If you take a look all of your questions will be answered within minutes and you could be shopping and saving money today !

Here is where you need to go: http://www.mypowermall.com/Biz/Home/119762

Thank you for your time,
Angiejl3@hotmail.com
www.parentsplacedirect.com