Friday, January 19, 2007

I'm trying to figure out why writers are the last ones to have their own personal blogs. Why did my 13 year old son and all his friends have blogs of MySpace pages before I set apart a special place just for me? Why is it that many of the other writers I know are just getting their own blogs as well? We should have been the trailblazers for the future of all things blogs.

Well, that's not all entirely true. I've had a few blogs in the past year, but they were created by other people "for" writers, but I wasn't able to personalize them. I wasn't able to make them mine. While I'm not overly fond of ths bright pink theme you see surrounding my words, it sets this blog apart, and at some point (meaning when I figure out the HTML) I'll personalize it a little more.

Okay, so the more I think about it, I didn't have "blogs", per se, but I had places on the internet where I'd write my daily thoughts, but those were way before I ever thought about becoming a freelance writer. I had a couple of vacation countdowns, one to Acapuldo the first time our whole family went and my first time ever, and another to Las Vegas when my good friend was getting married and I was standing up for her. Elvis stood up, too. But that's another story for another day.

Anyone that knows me knows that I have an eclectic personality, so you'll never know what you'll read here in this space. Sometimes it will be rantings and ravings on my day, and other times it will be commentary on one of my favorite TV shows, like American Idol. I just like to keep people guessing, because you never know what's going to come out of these loose lips.

No comments: