Monday, October 1, 2007

The Great Return



Okay, so I took two months off. Call it a late summer hiatus.

The important thing is fall TV is back, and so am I. Some great shows came back in the past few weeks, The Bachelor, Survivor, and Dancing With the Stars just to name a few. The new Bachelor, Brad Womack, has been called the hottest ever. Yeah, he's a hottie alright. Hottest ever? Don't know about that, but then again, I can't think of any Bachelor so far that was hotter. Yet, just like with every Bachelor, his picks are sometimes puzzling. You can definitely see why he kept some around, but can't quite figure out why he sent others home. I do know if I was in that position, I wouldn't be picking any of them that have that desperate look on their faces during the "most dramatic rose ceremony ever."

Survivor appears headed for an interesting season. Instead of having a sunny tropical locale, they're in China. So far it's hard to keep the tribes and people separated, and they're all seeming to blend into one another. Making it worse is that the people that are being voted out are the only ones I can keep separated from the others. This time there's no exile island, but three is a hidden immunity. I don't know what was with Leslie telling what she knew about the immunity idol. I don't see things going too well for her.

There's a whole new cast of Dancing With the Stars, and so far there seems to be the most talent of any season so far. Yet, annoyingly, the show seems to be following the recent trend of spreading out the entertainment to take up the most of prime time that they can. It seems like everything is two hours lately. It tends to make it hard to catch all our shows, even with TiVo. Last week we had five hours of DWTS, thankfully this week, it's only three.

Something that is not returning is Veronica Mars. It was cancelled last May, yet they're releasing the entire third season, albeit the last and final season, on DVD. Truthfully, I've never seen the show, but now reading up on it, it sounds interesting. From the synopsis of a young female detective away at college, it reminds me of the movie version of Nancy Drew that was out this summer. There's a link over there on your right if you're interested in pre-ordering a copy. I like having my young daughter watch shows about young, independent, strong women, so I think I'll have to give it a look.

Hopefully by the time the CD for Veronica Mars is out, these shows will all be down to just one hour so I can fit all this TV-viewing in.

No comments: